Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Dancing with the Stars Is Back

For me, Monday is the new Thursday in terms of good TV. There's my beloved Heroes (returning April 23) and now Dancing with the Stars, which returned last night.

Off the cuff, I'd say the "stars" aren't quite as gifted as some of last season's but it should still be a fun ride. My early favorite is Apolo Anton Ohno, the Olympic Gold Medalist in speed skating. He seems talented, and obviously has the focus he needs to succeed. The downside: he has an inexperienced partner, Julianne Hough. I'm sure she's a great dancer and all, and very beautiful, but at only 18 years old, she's the youngest pro ever to compete on Dancing. Time will tell if she has the teaching and choreography talent they need. Coincidentally, Julianne appears to be Mormon (born and raised in Utah with 10 siblings, etc.)

And who should be voted off? Billy Ray Cyrus, hands down. He was just a shade better than Tucker Carlson from last season. But with his name recognition and good looks, I'm thinking he'll stay around for a few more rounds.

No comments: