Friday, June 26, 2009

My Legislators Are Plain Awful

I can thank my House Representative, Gary Peters, for helping to pass one of the most disastrous acts of Congress. I'm fuming. Here's my response to his politically pandered decision:
Dear Rep. Peters,

I am appalled and dismayed at your vote to pass the pleasantly named "American Clean Energy and Security Act." We didn't vote you in to kill even more of our jobs, nor to amass even more intrusive power in the hands of the federal government.

I'm disgusted. Your vote not only flies in the face of sound science and common economic sense, but it also completely ignores the will of your constituency, as polls show.

I am thankful that your term is only two years. Even though that's 1.5 years too long to wait to vote you out of office.
I like to think that my vote makes a difference. In Michigan, that thinking is wishful, I guess.

No comments: