Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Al Franken Is Hilariously Hopeless

I'm not too current with Minnesota politics (or the politics of most states, for that matter), but an Al Franken story popped up on my screen and gave me a laugh. For those who don't know, the left-wing comedian is running for senate against Norm Coleman, the Republican incumbent. The story is about how Franken is meeting with ag producers and learning all kinds of things he never knew before. What got me laughing were his comments:
“I know almost nothing about it, and I will have to learn more about it not only in the next 19 months before the election but hopefully the next six, seven, eight, 12 to 14 years in the Senate.”
Does Al know how long a senate term is? Apparently, it's anywhere from 6-14 years long. (The senate has a six-year election cycle.) Now that's quite a term!

Having been in Minnesota several times, I can say that it's a beautiful state. But that doesn't diminish the fact that the state is known for supporting wackos, (Jesse Ventura, Ralph Nader, etc). So it makes perfect sense for Franken to make his political debut there. It should be good for a few more laughs.

No comments: