Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chase Bank Down!

Okay, I never even knew is was possible for an entire bank to be "down." But it is.

I tried checking my balance online, and got a message saying the system is down. Okay, fine--I'll call customer service for the balance.

When the representative picked up, she simply said, "I'm sorry, our systems are down and we cannot provide you any information."

So even the bank can't access the account info? Bad news.

Act of terrorism? Massive hardware failure? Global warming? It must be pretty big, whatever it is. I'm wondering if there will be a news story out there soon about this...

Anyone else have any updates? Sound off!

-------

UPDATE:

Looks like everything is back online--and there's finally a story about it in the news. At least now I know I'm not broke.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bah! I needed to get a cashier's check today to purchase a car. All branches are down. I haven't even seen a message on their bank website indicating the problem. In fact, I think you're the only one on the entire interweb that has posted anything.

Anonymous said...

Same here in Northern IL. All of Chase internal network is down. I have been searching the internet for more info, but your blog is all I have found so far.

Unknown said...

The banks here in Cincinnati Ohio, have also been offline since at least noon. No other access is available online obviously. The teller here could not even get through to whatever office they were getting updates from.

Anonymous said...

WOW.. I got the same message today...

Anonymous said...

I say we start a classs action lawsuit. Shouldnt they notify their customers in writing if you are not going to be able to access your money,debit cards, credit cards, etc. for nearly 10 hours? When i tried using any of my chase accounts by debit or credit it notified me of insufficient funds! go figure. I was out of town 4 hours away and had no access to my money. I WILL NEVER PUT ANY MONEY OTHER THAN I NEED TO MAKE A PAYMENT TO SOMETHING AGAIN IN A BANK. EVER!

Anonymous said...

Today is the 15th... the site is still down. I scheduled payments on Monday and they haven't been withdrawn from the account yet. I was able to access the account online very early this morning and was surprised to see that my available balance still included all the payments I made on Monday... I knew then something was terribly wrong. I tried to log in 5 minutes later.. it was down again.
Tried to talk to a Service Rep about late fees on some of the payments; he was unconcerned and yawned during our conversation. Their customer service and automated phone system sucks; it just gives you the runaround. Chase convinced me today to move my accounts to a smaller bank.