Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sting: Bored, or Boring?

Let me start by saying that Sting is incredibly gifted. He displays an adeptness for jazz and other musical conventions rarely seen among popular artists, deftly infusing them into his rock music. That's why I consider myself a fan, normally shunning standard FM radio fare.

Now, it seems, according to Reuters, that Sting is bored with rock music.
"Rock music has come to a standstill -- it's not going forward any more, it only bores me."
For me, it's no coincedence that Sting's music is the thing that has become boring in the last few years. I don't disagree with him; today's rock music is generally a huge waste of time--along with just about everything else you hear on the radio. However, an old college friend once told me, "Only boring people get bored." This seems to be the case with Sting. If he wants to shake off the doldrums of boring rock music, I think he would truly benefit from listening to the Flower Kings, Neal Morse or Ayreon. Worked for me.


share your files at box.net

No comments: